NORTH GEORGIA, ALPHARETTA, NORCROSS AND LAWRENCEVILLE HOME BUYING INSPECTION
Construction phase inspections are all about the building code and we are the building, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical code experts!
- Foundation inspections - We will verify that the slab preparation, grade beams, steel reinforcement, and vapor barriers meet or exceed code minimums as well as the architecture's plans.
- Pre-drywall inspections - We will verify code compliance for all trades and framing (including beam/girder schedules) before everything is covered with drywall.
Buying a home?
The process can be stressful. A home inspection is supposed to give you peace of mind, but often has the opposite effect. You will be asked to absorb a lot of information in a short time. This often includes a written report, checklist, photographs, environmental reports & what the home inspector himself says during the inspection. All this combined with the seller’s disclosure & what you notice yourself makes the experience even more overwhelming. What should you do?
Relax. Most of your home inspection will be maintenance recommendations, life expectancy & minor imperfections. These are nice to know about.
However, the issues that really matter will fall into four categories:
- Major defects. An example of this would be a structural failure.
- Things that lead to major defects. A small roof-flashing leak, for example.
- Things that may hinder your ability to finance, legally occupy or insure the home.
- Safety hazards, such as an exposed, live buss bar at the electric panel.
Anything in these categories should be addressed. Often a serious problem can be corrected inexpensively to protect both life and property (especially in categories 2 & 4).
Most home sellers are honest & are often surprised to learn of defects uncovered during an inspection. Realize that sellers are under no obligation to repair everything mentioned in the home inspection report. No home is perfect. Keep things in perspective. Do not kill your deal over things that do not matter. It is inappropriate to demand that a seller address deferred maintenance, conditions already listed on the seller’s disclosure or nit-picky items.
ALLPRO GEORGIA HOME INSPECTORS' PROMISE TO YOU
Choosing the right home inspector can be difficult. Different home inspectors have varying qualifications, ethics, reporting methods & yes, different pricing. One thing for sure is that a home inspection requires work, a lot of work. Ultimately, a thorough home inspection depends heavily on the individual home inspector’s own effort. If you honor me by permitting me to inspect your new home, I guarantee that I will give you my very best effort at a fair price. Inspected once. Inspected right!
Call +1 (770) 710-1856 now to contact a certified home inspector & schedule your North Georgia property inspection.
AllPro Inspections has been inspecting the Southeast one house at a time since 2005! We are based in Alpharetta and service all surrounding North Georgia communities including Alpharetta, Norcross and Lawrenceville.